X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brtp4
    replied
    Originally posted by jimmy3dcart View Post

Hopefully it'll make it to the April update.

Jimmy Rodriguez

Did this happen?

BP

Leave a comment:

• Brtp4
    replied

Jimmy Rodriguez

Can't wait for this.

BP

Leave a comment:

• QuirkyBaby
    replied
    I know I've seen your site before, but can you link it again so I can see how you do it? I offer baby products so having gift wrapping options is huge for me (and I offer several types of paper so I have to have the ability to show images of those).

Here's how I have it right now, as a product that's listed under all categories for which gift wrap is available, but I don't think it looks good to have gift wrap as a product under a category.

Free Gift Wrap

Leave a comment:

• elightbox
    replied
    Quirkybaby, we have overcome the gift wrapping issue by creating a nice button on the shopping cart saying "Add Gift Wrap". Then we created a separate listing template for the Gift Wrap product. This product has options for entering message, etc. The page was designed to avoid confusion. Another button sends the customer back to the shopping cart after adding the gift wrap to the cart.
    It would be great if there was a way to code that one Add to Cart button to send the customer back to the cart (if anyone knows how to do this, please chime in).
    I agree it would be nice to add gift wrap without leaving the shopping cart, but we have not had any complaints.

As a side note, we also like order level gift wrap instead of product level gift wrap. We think the latter creates too much confusion.

Leave a comment:

• QuirkyBaby
    replied
    Originally posted by jimmy3dcart
    [SIZE="2"]

Please keep in mind that every merchant has their "wishlist", and we definitely want to consider everyone needs, but at the same time need to give priority to those features that will bring benefits to most merchants. This is the main reason to have an UserVoice site so we can start with the features needed with more votes.
    I personally haven't found the UserVoice site very functional and I know that others agree.

- For many stores, offering this at the product level makes sense, especially when you cannot offer Gift Wrapping on all products. This 3dcart store is a good example of offering Gift Wrapping that way, A Fresh Italian Equestrian Square Silk Scarf with Pink Bits and an Orange Border at Zia Moda You don't need to add the option for Gift Wrapping to every single product, you can add these options to the CATEGORY and these will display automatically on all products under that category (That's right, 3dcart has Category-wide Product Options, another exclusive feature).

If you don't charge extra for Gift Wrapping then you can simply add a Checkout Question.
    I see this as a professionalization question. Most of the big sites I shop on offer gift wrapping as a paid option at checkout rather than on a per-item basis. I actually had it as a template giving an option on a per-item basis and it dropped sales because making it a mandatory option (i.e. yes or no) confused customers and drove them away.

- Unfortunately I have to disagree on this one, I really don't like that particular checkout process, and the flow is not really a "single-page" checkout, you have to finish each section to move to the next one, it's similar to a multi-step checkout with a tab layout.
    I really, really disagree with this one -- whether it's a fairly comparable competitor like BigCommerce or Magento or a really big shopping site, this is the trend I see these days -- it may not be quite the "single page" see everything all at once, but it looks much, much better graphically and flows very well on the page without having to click through to a new page.

- You can add unique product identifiers when using Advanced Options, the field is there and many merchants use it for the UPC. The actual issue is that options are not automatically included in the Google Base Feed and that's one of the features that we're already working on.
    The sooner the better on this one. Not being able to upload all my products and product options to Google is HUGE. I really hope this gets updated soon.

Leave a comment:

• Brtp4
    replied

Jimmy Rodriguez

THAT would be terrific.

BP

Leave a comment:

• jimmy3dcart
    replied
    Originally posted by Brtp4 View Post
    Any timeline on that?
    BP

Jimmy Rodriguez

Leave a comment:

• Brtp4
    replied
    Any timeline on that?

BP
    OK, noted.

BP

Leave a comment:

• Brtp4
    replied
    Hi Guys,

We're definitely adding this, should be available with the next update.

Jimmy Rodriguez
    Any timeline on that?

BP

Leave a comment:

• jimmy3dcart
    replied
    Hi Guys,

Really hard to keep track of different topics within the same thread, I'll do my best to answer your questions...

Can we at least update the 1-page checkout to allow full anonymous checkout, with or without a password, whether you are already a customer or not? Basically make it the same as the multi-page?

BP
    We're definitely adding this, should be available with the next update. To clarify, you can definitely offer anonymous checkout right now, but if a customers opted to create an account the first time and comes back a 2nd time to place an order, then the system is respecting their decision to have an account and asking them to log in with their password. The update will allow them to place the order without entering a password and it would simply not link this new order to their existing account (You'll be able to re-link it later via admin panel).

Originally posted by watchdr View Post
    Can I ask when was this fixed? In the past month I had several customers very frustrated with the mobile checkout and not being able to make it work so I had to shut it off.
    We're constantly applying updates; the last issues reported were specific to ios 5.1 and were deployed at the end of March. Right now the Mobile is fully functionality; I have merchants getting about 12% of their monthly orders via Mobile Checkout. If you're experiencing a specific issue then please report it to [email protected] and they'll test it and make sure you have the latest version of the mobile templates installed.

If bugs get fixed it would be a big PR boost and positive to your customers to let them know when something is fixed. This tells us that you guys actually care about fixing things and making the product better. Silence does the exact opposite.
    Did you read my post about this? http://forums.3dcart.com/announcemen...ch-2012-a.html

While I am at it, can you please take the ridiculous ads off the admin side and this ugly yellow banner at the bottom of your site? These are extremely UNPROFESSIONAL.
    While I definitely appreciate your feedback, we have to respect the decisions of the 3dcart Marketing Team. We don't just come up with these things; there are studies and Split testing done before deploying these types of campaigns. I do find your comment a little bit offensive and would appreciate to tone it down and keep it professional if you want us to consider your feedback.

Originally posted by hanzoswords View Post
    i have experienced this mobile loop also ive shut mobiile off and it get an error sometimes when clicking on a link to my site on my iphone it does not show the normal website (non mobile) but some kind of error.
    When Mobile is disabled, going to your website URL with the /mobile subfolder, it'll display the message you're describing. I would recommend enabling Mobile, I've seem great results for some merchants, if you run into any issues then please open a support ticket but every store should have a Mobile optimized version enabled.

Originally posted by ElegantWeddings View Post
    Have you seen the settings (settings>general...) All the way at the bottom there is ad ad for dedicated SSL.
    Right next to your store's SECURE URL, a reminder of getting a dedicated SSL certificate will display if you don't have one. Many merchants don't know they can get a dedicated SSL and that it would actually help with sales having the checkout with their own domain name versus using "3dcartstores.com".

Originally posted by shopgirltx View Post
    We turned off mobile too. Could not properly use it with the iPad, iPhone after iOS 5 last fall. Sometimes wrong product would be added to cart. There were other issues too, but I can't remember them now. This was several months ago, but have not tried it since then because of customer complaints with it. Would really love for it to work properly!
    I definitely suggest giving it another try, as mentioned, there were a couple issues with iOS 5.1 that have already been addressed.

Jimmy Rodriguez

Leave a comment:

• elightbox
    replied
    We also turned our mobile off last year, even though we paid 3d to have it set up.
    I wish 3d would do a complete audit on all features not just mobile and fix what is broken.

Leave a comment:

• shopgirltx
    replied
    We turned off mobile too. Could not properly use it with the iPad, iPhone after iOS 5 last fall. Sometimes wrong product would be added to cart. There were other issues too, but I can't remember them now. This was several months ago, but have not tried it since then because of customer complaints with it. Would really love for it to work properly!

Leave a comment:

• ElegantWeddings
    replied
    Have you seen the settings (settings>general...)
    All the way at the bottom there is ad ad for dedicated SSL.

Leave a comment:

• rburton34
    replied
    Ok, I dont see any giant yellow ads in my admin area but after I posted "what ads" above I clicked refresh and there is a HUGE yellow bar with a small link "premium seo package". Why do they need a 3" high bar for 3 words?

Leave a comment:

• Evolution
    replied
    Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
    Ads in the admin area???
    There are the refer a friend on the left and there was a facebook app banner appearing over the Sales By Day Graph.

I haven't seen the FB App one since I closed out of it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X