No announcement yet.

Removing verification / captcha on MyAccount page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still - ALWAYS submit a ticket - especially if you have a customer actually comment or complain.

Otherwise this will never get changed just by being in the forums.
    C Ekman
    Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
    http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

Originally posted by cekman View Post
      Am I missing something? I don't have Captcha on my CONTACT form - the most important place I wish it was implented - as it would prevent a lot of SPAM.

According to GonzaloGil's post it is on 'every form'??? or am I misunderstanding that?

I would REALLY like to have it on the Contact Form.
      Two of my carts were v2.x upgrades and have the contact form. I have one new cart that started as a 3.0 and I can't for the life of me find the setting to enable the "contact us" form on this page. :( (with or without captcha)

Where is it?

DaveW

Comment

Yes, we have the Captcha on our contact us page. My understanding of how to have this set up, and how we have it set up is utilizing the CRM function. Is you point your contact us page to crm.asp?action=contactus

This utilizes the captcha and the crm.

And while running test orders, I have also had captcha that comes up that is too hard to read and I have typed in wrong and had to do over.

Comment

Originally posted by SarahInc View Post
          Yes, we have the Captcha on our contact us page. My understanding of how to have this set up, and how we have it set up is utilizing the CRM function. Is you point your contact us page to crm.asp?action=contactus

This utilizes the captcha and the crm.

And while running test orders, I have also had captcha that comes up that is too hard to read and I have typed in wrong and had to do over.
          Ah, that was it. Do I have to edit "contact us.html" to add stuff to the contact us page?

Thanks,

DaveW

Comment

Originally posted by DaveW View Post
            Ah, that was it. Do I have to edit "contact us.html" to add stuff to the contact us page?

Thanks,

DaveW
            Yes, that is correct. :)

Comment

I'm not using CRM - how exactly do I add captcha to my contact form?

Thanks in advance!
              C Ekman

Comment

I am not sure you can, but I wouldn't quote me on that.

Comment

Perhaps it is style of Monitors CRT VS LCD or something as Ive done numerous test orders and never had issues reading or seeing the captcha

Settings on monitors and or LCDs I suppose could make a difference 300 and some odd customers and no complaints here so FAR (hurriedly knocks on wood) well Ive cursed myself now maybe not.....:)

Comment

Problems here too

We've been having problems on the account login page where even if you enter all the correct username, password and captcha information, it returns the error page saying that the captcha was entered incorrectly. Clicking the button to return to the previous screen reveals that the letters/numbers were written correctly, despite what the obviously not-as-intelligent error page tells me.

This has frustrated many of our customer and several of our staff, including our owner who has asked me to remove it (which I just discovered, through reading this post, is not possible). Is there no way to figure out what the problem is here? When I created a support ticket I was simply instructed to clear the browser cache. However, this doesn't make sense when the FIRST time someone tries to login in a session they receive this error. Plus it's just stupid. That's not a solution. That's an excuse. Anyway, that's my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by linentablecloth View Post
                      We've been having problems on the account login page where even if you enter all the correct username, password and captcha information, it returns the error page saying that the captcha was entered incorrectly. Clicking the button to return to the previous screen reveals that the letters/numbers were written correctly, despite what the obviously not-as-intelligent error page tells me.

This has frustrated many of our customer and several of our staff, including our owner who has asked me to remove it (which I just discovered, through reading this post, is not possible). Is there no way to figure out what the problem is here? When I created a support ticket I was simply instructed to clear the browser cache. However, this doesn't make sense when the FIRST time someone tries to login in a session they receive this error. Plus it's just stupid. That's not a solution. That's an excuse. Anyway, that's my two cents.
                      I am having the same problem and haven't had time to submit a ticket yet. I tried the customer login from the office, from my laptop at home and the customer tried it from home and work and same issue.

DaveW

Comment

Wow - this is REALLY not good. Don't let support blow you off on this one. If a customer can't get into their account - you've lost an order.

There is no way this is your fault or the customer's fault.

Some people don't ever seem to get frustrated with support - but I've had times when I get the "Well it works fine for us" answer - and the ticket is closed. This is so frustrating.

If you've tried logging into an account from 3 different machines - then it obviously isn't the cache.

Is it just for one customer - or is it for everyone or a variety?

Keep us posted - if it's happening to more than one of us then it may be something we all have to watch for.

I look forward to hearing more.
                        Last edited by cekman; 05-01-2009, 12:39 PM.
                        C Ekman

Comment

Originally posted by linentablecloth View Post

If you're experiencing an issue, could you give our tech support team a call? We'd like to be able to try and replicate this issue as you are seeing it to determine where the problem lies. We are currently not having any issues with our captcha and want to assist you in clearing it up.

Comment

Complaints filed

Originally posted by cekman View Post
                            Hmmm - have you told support? They told me noone else had mentioned it - so if you are having troubles please submit a ticket so I'm not the only one.

I'm not sure whay they told that no one else has complained. I've sent in 3-4 tickets myself. This captcha thing is the #1 complaint from my customers. I've also asked for a better contrast in the captcha image, but was told it had to be hard to read. Wonderful customer service THAT is.

I've been open at 3d for one full month and I've had 4 long term customers tell me to lose the captcha or lose them as a customer. I spent two months setting this cart up and the captcha only became a requirement about 2 weeks before I launched my store - much to late to find a different shopping cart provider, since we had already announced a launch date. If I lose even 1 customer a month because of this, we're talking thousands of dollars of lost revenue. With the economy the way it is I just can't afford that loss. We are tossing about the idea of moving again. There are dozens of good carts out there that don't require this barrier to entry, and it befuddles me as to why 3D continues to say it is a requirement.

Comment

If the Times font would be eliminated from the pool of random "words" I think many of these complaints would go away. The arial or sans serif fonts are readable, but when the Times font comes around in the rotation, it's just too small, faint and too hard to read. I think fixing this would be a tremendous help.

Comment

Multiple domains pointing to your cart

We have 2 domains for our site

The first one is the one I got when I first signed up for the site. The second one is a sub-domain of another site that's redirecting to the shopping cart.

The CAPTCHA works without a hitch when navigating to the site through the main domain.

The CAPTCHA doesn't validate, when navigating the cart through the sub-domain.This error only occurs when using Internet Explorer 6, 7, or 8 on both XP or Vista. This error didn't happen when using Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.

I already opened a ticket for this, but I was wondering if those who are experiencing difficulties with their CAPTCHA have their carts set-up similar to how I have.

A
                                Andres

Comment

Working...
                                X