X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info@olivus.com
    replied
    How About a Slide Bar?

BizBuySell.com has a nice and easy system on there business listing pages for people to send inquiries. Its a bar you grab with your mouse and slide it to the right until the form is "unlocked" and ready to send. I don't know if that is PCI complient, but if so that is a great way to go for 3DCart. No complicated hard to read letters and no messed up cache.

Leave a comment:

• gigahertz6
    replied
    Originally posted by lml View Post
    Any info on this? Or...3D can you provide steps on how to remove the captcha?
    Len, I didn't get a response on how to do this. On my own, I was able to comment out the code so the captcha didn't appear on my "Register" page, but once I did that users were no longer able to create an account. So obviously I had to comment the code back in.

I seriously doubt the moderators of 3d will assist you on removing the captcha. They say that it is a requirement to remain PCI compliant.

Leave a comment:

• lml
    replied
    Originally posted by gigahertz6 View Post
    Doberer, I have searched and searched the threads and can't find your post on how to remove the captcha, would you be so kind as to link me to the page?

Gratefully,

Bryon
    Any info on this? Or...3D can you provide steps on how to remove the captcha?

Leave a comment:

• elightbox
    replied
    Better Captcha

[QUOTE=cekman;6065]I don't mind the Captcha being required - BUT I have had 2 customers complain that it is difficult to read. I THINK both of them said it was too light.[QUOTE]
    I have to agree that the Captcha used here is so hard to read. I have had to re-enter it three and four times.
    I have also read a customer review on one of the web sites using 3d cart, where the customer gave the site a 2 star rating because they were frustrated with the Captcha.

You can use Captcha, but there are many easier systems out there with a re-load function when you can not make out the characters.

Leave a comment:

• gigahertz6
    replied
    Originally posted by doberer View Post
    There is a thread recently where I showed how to completely remove it from ALL website pages (CRM, Checking, Order, etc)
    Doberer, I have searched and searched the threads and can't find your post on how to remove the captcha, would you be so kind as to link me to the page?

Gratefully,

Bryon

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    Why can't this be configurable?
    Is there not a list of words or numbers somewhere?
    Why cannot the troublesome characters be removed?

Leave a comment:

• shellqc
    replied
    suggestion

I came from oscommerce a few years ago to 3dcart. My oscommerce version had the captcha and I think you could turn it off (but not sure). I left it on but I did go in and change it to where it only had numbers rather than numbers and letters. That worked excellent for me and chance of doing that?

It is irritating though when trying to log in and it tells you it's wrong when you can see it's typed in right. Customers don't know to hit the refresh button.

If you could put a little button there that forces a refresh that the customer could click for a new captcha wouldn't that work??

Although it may be irritating there are programs that are much much worse on displaying captcha's than 3dcart. Like earthlink's I have to hit refresh 10 times to get one I can read.

I've gotten so irritated at other systems and theirs that I copy what I type first then hit submit, at least if it doesn't work I don't have to type it all again. But again customer don't know to do this.

Leave a comment:

• doberer
    replied
    Thanks for the link, didn't work for me thou.
    I tried it for the contact page & still got an error message, even thou it had removed the CAPTCHA image.

I think I will just wait for 3D's change...hopefully in the next release.
    you need to remove both the image and the code looking for the image. save it to your template folder and it will work.

Leave a comment:

• lml
    replied
    Thanks for the link, didn't work for me thou.
    I tried it for the contact page & still got an error message, even thou it had removed the CAPTCHA image.

I think I will just wait for 3D's change...hopefully in the next release.

Leave a comment:

• WoodSprite
    replied
    Can't find the thread, can you point us in the right direction?

Thanks.
    http://forums.3dcart.com/new-feature...ne-number.html

Leave a comment:

• lml
    replied
    Originally posted by doberer View Post
    There is a thread recently where I showed how to completely remove it from ALL website pages (CRM, Checking, Order, etc)
    Can't find the thread, can you point us in the right direction?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• rrw
    replied
    doberer, how were you able to remove it? I would love to do so.

Leave a comment:

• WoodSprite
    replied
    Originally posted by rrw View Post
    I was trying to do a test "review" for a product, and encountered the captcha myself. I thought I typed it exactly as shown, but was given an error message and redirected back to the page. I tried typing it again, several times, with the same result.

I submitted a ticket, and was told that the page needed to be refreshed after receiving an error, in order to generate a new word. Now, how should someone know this??? The button says "Click here to continue" and takes you back to the captcha page--shouldn't it automatically refresh the page? I know if I couldn't figure it out a customer probably wouldn't either. Hopefully someone at 3d can make that change--it might eliminate some of the problems that we are having.
    Which is exactly what was happening to our very frustrated customer...and her frustration only escalated with every roadblock she encountered. She wrote back:

"Thank you for your prompt reply and your explanation of the need for the verification word. I order many things on line, and virtually none of the companies from which I order require this word, despite whatever law that was enacted. Meanwhile, just now I attempted to order without logging in, and your web site would not permit me to do so, saying my email address was already on file and I had to log in. Something is seriously wrong here, and I’m very frustrated. Surely you are losing business this way! I love your products, but I’m running out of patience.

I suppose I’ll call and order by phone, but that’s a hassle too. Oh well."

Leave a comment:

• doberer
    replied
    hence why I ripped it out of my entire site and all webpages.

Leave a comment:

• WoodSprite
    replied
    I know you guys at 3DCart are working to change this, but we just got yet another e-mail from a frustrated customer highlighting just why this is so important for us merchants:

"Hey! You've made it impossible for me to log in. First, you say my password is incorrect; then, when i request that you send my password, you insist that my "verification word" is incorrect--four times in a row! What on earth is going on with your web site? Why is it unnecessarily complicated to order from you, each and every time? Yikes! Deborah R----------"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X