No announcement yet.

Anyone using Advanced Category Filters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We bought this 2 years ago, and found out it was limited to 5 filters. Now it just sits there unimplemented :/ Wish we wouldn't have purchased that.
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
    * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
    www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
    www.Trailer-Wheels.com
    www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
      Can you give some examples of why that is? I have been thinking about trying SearchSpring
      We looked into SearchSpring. Knowing how SearchSpring works, it doesn't specifically create any additional URL's for the navigation process. In theory, you could create a category structure on your website that would essentially be used for SEO purposes, but SearchSpring itself doesn't create any SEO friendly pages.

Comment

In your category html is this <!--START: catFilter--> catFilterCrumb, catFilterCrumbItem and so on?

I'm guessing this is something we can remove?

Comment

I've recently messed with the advanced filters as we are currently in the process of implementing the filters into our site. Cbsteven is correct in saying they have 3 preconfigured ways to present it, but its just a charge for the installation. If you look at the cagegory_0 template, search for the catFilterMainBlock section.

In this section there is a large block of commented code that essentially tells you to use that if you want the dropdown form. The rest is just configurable links whether you want it in your global sidebar or just on the category page.

In short, if you know html, and you want to change it down the road, you'll have what you need to do so.

Thanks!

Comment

I have been integrating SearchSpring this week and I am very pleased with the service. Happy to answer any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
              I have been integrating SearchSpring this week and I am very pleased with the service. Happy to answer any questions.
              I'm looking for a tool to be able to filter by attribute within categories. How does this work with searchspring? Can you use extra fields, or do you have to do the category trick (create a category for EVERY attribute and assign products to each one)? Thanks for sharing.
              Chris
              TC Life Safety
              TC Wireless

Comment

SearchSpring would definitely work for that. I have over 250 attributes I need to filter by.

If you have a handful, and enough to cram into the provided extra fields, then you just designate each field as being a "facet".

Here is an example category page from my site. You can see all the things you can narrow down by along the left hand side: Shorts Category

Comment

Looks awesome - just what we need. Can they pull directly from the 3dcart store or do you have to supply a separate data feed?
                  Chris
                  TC Life Safety
                  TC Wireless

Comment

They pull directly using your API key

Comment

Maybe I missed it but will the Advanced Category Filter filter out, out of stock items from the advanced options.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bob38851 View Post
                        Maybe I missed it but will the Advanced Category Filter filter out, out of stock items from the advanced options.

Thanks

Anyone know?

Comment

Working...
                        X