FraudWatch Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FraudWatch Issues

Any of us who have been selling online probably know the signs of a possible fraudulent order. Just in the last 2 days FraudWatch has put two smaller orders (under 50.00) into review and flagged them as fraud with a score of 10. That's right 10! Both orders had matched AVS response. Both used cheap/slow shipping.

The issues according to FraudWatch?

1, they both used an open proxy server. I suspect there will be more and more of this as so many companies are advertising proxy servers to help protect you while shopping online.

2, They both use Gmail for their email addresses. I don't know about you but we tend to see a lot of this anyway as a lot of people like to protect themselves from spam using these email accounts.

Anyone else having issues with Fraudwatch. I honestly can't think of a reason to keep paying for it if this is all it's going to do for us. Opinions? Suggestions? Of, course we already use many settings within our gateway to weed out most right off the bat and haven't had many issues that were not pretty obvious to begin with whn fraud filtering.

nofraud.jpg I use NoFraud (NoFraud.com) and love it. They charge about .40 per transaction but have saved me from many fraudulent orders since I have had them. Depending on your monthly volume they also offer Chargeback protection. We do not do enough to get that but so far everyone they have kicked back has been fraud and I have not had any transactions they passed that have ended up being fraud.

They check things like email history, geo locations of the device placing the order and comparing to where the billing and shipping addresses are. They then have someone review it and look deeper into it.

I believe the more you do the cheaper it is.
    Last edited by cdarmssupply; 01-08-2021, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ISGMe View Post

1, they both used an open proxy server. I suspect there will be more and more of this as so many companies are advertising proxy servers to help protect you while shopping online.
      Maybe but 'customers' using proxy servers are bad news. Proxies are used by hackers and CC thieves.
      If it's a new customer and the order was placed via Proxy, you need to be careful. and that is the purpose of Fraudwatch.

an order under Review is easy to approve / decline

Comment

Originally posted by nicolas_t View Post

Maybe but 'customers' using proxy servers are bad news. Proxies are used by hackers and CC thieves.
        If it's a new customer and the order was placed via Proxy, you need to be careful. and that is the purpose of Fraudwatch.

an order under Review is easy to approve / decline
        The problem is that more and more people are using proxy servers. Especially busineeses. It's being sold as a way to protect your privacy.

Comment

so? It takes 10s sec to approve an order under Review.

We are a large volume store, we know by experience that legitimate customers have no problem using their true identity.
          But hackers and CC thieves will definitely use proxy servers. These orders definitely have to be filtered out - at least for new customers - if you want to avoid future chargebacks

You can have filters at Fraudwatch that are different for new and existing customers. For new customers, I would absolutely want theses orders to be under Review so we can approve them manually

Comment

Working...
          X